OK, just a thought here but fantasy tv series seem to be on the up.  We've recently had Legend of the Seeker (Terry Goodkind's Sword of Truth) and with George RR Martins Game of Thrones about to launch shortly we've got a few treats in store.  (And thats not even including the successful Sky One adaptations of Terry Pratchett's Discworld.)

So who do you think will be next?  Which ones would you like to see?  Who would do the best adaptations or do you feel that a lot of it is best left to the imagination, after all theres no budget concerned with that?

Views: 643

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dany seems to me to be too concerned with her Dragons and her place in history and less with crush your enemies and see them driven before you. Of course, dragons could do the job and also add fire and brimstone- but you have to be careful. I just saw where Reign of Fire is on at least one official "Worst Movie" list. I have to agree- so skipping the Dragons and Dany might make sense!

joe

I'd also add Dragon Wars to that list as well.  LOL

Emilia Clarke is playing Daenerys Targaryen so it looks like they are going to try to have the whole story going on. I can't wait!

Tad Williams' Memory, Sorrow and Thorn might make a good TV series.  As might Terry Brooks' Landover stories.

The best would be Earthsea with no messing about and following the imagination of Ursula herself more closely as attempts in the past have been lacking.

No, that's all in there. Apparently they considered it and then decided to just do the whole thing. Doing things the easy or sensible way is not the way HBO roll ;)

Deborah J Miller - Award Administrator said:
I'm wondering if they're going to cut out the whole Denyerys/Kahn/dragons section of GoT - it would nicely side-step the somewhat risky (and risque) issue of the rather-too-young  'wedding' and also keep the plot contained with just the Lannisters and the Starks - enough to be going on with, to still qualify as 'Epic', for sure!!!

In another post I mentioned that I think now GOT has done well with a big budget / effect and sets and props I hope now's the time for another book series to hit the screen.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

© 2017   Created by Deborah J Miller - Award Administrator.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service