Winner of the WH Smiths New Talent Award, here Stephen is nominated for his new release The Kingdom Beyond the Waves which is the second novel in his current series. Heres the place to discuss Stephens work as well as to say why you think he should win. What is it about Stephens writing that grabs you? Why is it a must buy and why do you think that his characters are similar to Davids?

Views: 66

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Well, I like it, because I wrote it!

Stephen
I will have to check this out. Well I will have to check the first one out first hehe. Congrat's to Stephen.
Hope you like it!

Steve said:
I will have to check this out. Well I will have to check the first one out first hehe. Congrat's to Stephen.
actually, i enjoyed this one even more than its predecessor!
I just finished Court of the Air. Its absolutely brilliant, one of those books that just cries out for a companion book with a glossary and histories for varied the characters.

It's like a smorgasbord of super powered mutant soldiers, possessed flintlock pistols, secret agents in zeppelins, steam powered robots and roided up magically powered bad guys. Based on the pencil drawings on the cover I was expecting something subtle and character driven, but its epic stuff with a massive cast of sub and super human weirdos.

I've been eyeing Kingdom Beyond the Waves in my local Spec Fic bookshop everyday on the way to work.

Reply to Discussion

RSS

Be a Legend!

The DGLA is a Not-for-Profit organisation, which operates through the goodwill of its volunteers, sponsors and friends.

If you would like to help the DGLA continue, please consider making a small donation to our funds:

Tribute Anthology

AVAILABLE NOW

From Newcon Press

The Award (Quick Links)