CRITERIA FOR DGLA CATEGORIES
Nominations are for books published for the first time in the English Language in the calendar year 2013. The Awards Ceremony will take place on the 13th June 2014.
For the LEGEND Award for Best Fantasy Novel:
- Full length novel published for the first time in the English language during the year of nomination
- First publication, paperback, hardback or digital (no back-list or re-prints)
- Traditional, Heroic, Epic, or High Fantasy and/or in the spirit of David Gemmell’s own work
For the MORNINGSTAR Award for Best Fantasy Newcomer:
- Debut Fantasy full length novel and author in the year of Nomination
- An existing record of publication of short stories IS permissible
- As with the LEGEND Award - Traditional, Heroic, Epic, or High Fantasy and/or in the spirit of David Gemmell’s own work
For the RAVENHEART Award for Best Fantasy Cover Art:
- The book featuring the Nominated cover art must be published in the year of Nomination
- In this category, re-prints and omnibus editions ARE allowed, as long as the book jacket artwork is new.
- The artwork must have been exclusively commissioned and created for the book jacket version being nominated.
*Please note that we cannot accept nominations for: Horror, Slipstream, SF, Urban (‘real world’ i.e. Buffy or Twilight) or purely Historical (as opposed to well-researched Fantasy). If you have any uncertainty please feel free to submit the book for consideration by us at DGLA@live.co.uk.